Going live is just the beginning
For a few years, Yellowtail develops and maintains applications that make the financial lives of lots of Dutch consumers easier, insightful and fun. We do these assignments for large financial institutions. The moment of truth always comes after a period extensive development; going live. And going live is something we always celebrate; it comes with champagne, cake, and a party. But after finishing the last pieces of cake the question “What’s next?” arises.
And exactly that is what you have thought about! Already during the development phase you have discussed with the project teams “How we make sure the application runs smoothly and without major incidents after going live?”. Our applications are data-driven and integrated with several internal and external application that release new versions frequently. You are client-facing and the first point-of-contact for our clients, analyze incidents and provide relevants solutions, optimizes processes and plans releases with various stakeholders. You’re not only working from a functional perspective, but you also like working with the latest build- and deployment tools (CI/CD).
Enhancements and developments
Building new features is an important part in our projects. Adding new functionality makes the product even more unique, relevant and indispensable. You run requirement workshops with stakeholders, combine features in RFC’s and align the work with designers and developers. You interact often with the our clients and work closely with several suppliers and external parties. And of course, you understand that security and audit requirements are important.
This makes the role diverse with plenty opportunities to take your own responsibility. You become part of team NEXT and you work closely with local and offshore developers, designers and IT architects. Together we are responsible for the success of our clients by delivering innovative solutions and an excellent service.
Give some, get some
Substantive and exciting projects, clear career opportunities, acknowledgment of your talents and a good work-life balance. Some employers say it, at Yellowtail you can count on it. Also, this job opportunity comes with:
- Good salary;
- Company lease car or mobility allowance;
- Tailor-made education and personal development budget;
- MacBook Pro and phone with subscription;
- Pension scheme and collective insurances;
- Loads of activities like winter sports, Friday afternoon drinks, FIFA tournaments, Ladies dinner's and baking contests.
The starting point
As a Functional Application Consultant at Yellowtail, you know what you want: fulfilling your ambitions, finding the best solution and never skipping a challenge. You want to express your opinion and are not easily blown away. But also, because you possess:
- At least a relevant Bachelor degree;
- Minimum of two years’ experience as Consultant, Application consultant or Functional Application manager;
- Knowledge of the Dutch financial sector, preferably in mortgages of pensions;
- Key words: professional, pro-active, analytical and good communication skills;
- Good understanding of Dutch and English language, both speaking and in writing.